Vegan and gluten free oat patties 💚 this is my favorite weekly meal, I have been eating variations of these for ages and even my husband who when we met a few years ago was suspicious of me and my “weird cereals” especially in patties is a huge fan of these. Oat is just magic! These are a variation of the oat patties I posted a few months ago, I found that adding sweet potato or squash makes them even more delicious!
150g rolled oats
170g warm almond milk
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
Salt and pepper to taste
1 medium sweet potato (boiled with skin on)
Olive oil to drizzle
1 tbsp tahini paste
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp water (more of the paste is very thick)
- Soak the oats with warm almond milk. It will take 30’ for them to be ready, the warm milk speeds up the process.
- Stir in the spices and herb.
- Scooped the cooked sweet potato in and mix, breaking it down with a fork.
- Preheat oven at 180C fan.
- Wet your hands and shape the mini patties.
- Sprinkle unsoaked oats and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20’.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients, pour over the patties or drip on and eat!